
There are an awful lot of people in the world and it's going to be terribly hard to photograph all of them... It was my teacher Lisette Model who finally made it clear to me that the more specific you are, the more general it will be.
Taking pictures is like tiptoeing into the kitchen late at night and stealing Oreo cookies.
Most people go through life dreading they'll have a traumatic experience. Freaks were born with their trauma. They've already passed their test in life. They're aristocrats.

Lately I've been struck with how I really love what you can't see in a photograph.
...invention is mostly this subtle, inevitable thing...I mean it comes from your nature, your identity. We've all got an identity. You can't avoid it. It's what's left when you take everything else away. I think the most beautiful inventions are the ones you don't think of.

The thing that's important to know is that you never know. You're always sort of feeling your way.
Nothing is ever the same as they said it was.
One thing that struck me very early is that you don’t put into a photograph what’s going to come out. Or, vice versa, what comes out is not what you put in. I never have taken a picture I've intended. They're always better or worse.
Diane Arbus - Photographer (1923 – 1971)
YouTube - Masters of Photography Diane Arbus Part 1
YouTube - Masters of Photography Diane Arbus Part 2
YouTube - Masters of Photography Diane Arbus Part 3
YouTube - Masters of Photography Diane Arbus Part 4
