Seventy-five years.
That’s how much time you get if
you’re lucky.
Seventy-five years. Seventy-five Winters. Seventy-five
Springtimes. Seventy-five Summers. And Seventy-five Autumns.
When you
look at it like that, it’s not a lot of time, is it?
Don’t waste them.
Get your head out of the rat race and forget about the superficial
things that pre-occupy your existence and get back to what’s important
now. Right Now. This very second. And I’m not saying, drop everything
and let the world come to a grinding halt. I’m saying that you could
become a seeker.
You could be loving more. You could be taking some
chances. You could be living more. You could be spending more time with
your family. You could be getting in touch with the part of you that
lives instead of fears; the part of you that loves instead of hates; the
part of you that recognizes the humanity in all of us. And I tell you,
that’s where you’re fortunate.
- Eddie Murphy, as ‘G’, in Holy Man -

